List of materials used to construct the prototype:
A. Base of the Experiment
Thick white foam base. A coloured waterproof foam sheet is glued to the white
The Circuit comprises of the following materials
1) Battery: Alkaline D battery mounted on a battery holder and connected in a circuit
2) Switch: Simple On- Off Switch or One way switch (SPST)
3) Wires: Wires are plastic coated. They have crocodile clip ends with have plastic covers
4) Electrodes: Crocodile clips of wires will be used as electrodes
5) Containers: Containers comprise of plastic milk bottles. They have transparent
bodies such that the students can see the reaction in the containers. They have
covers on top and an opening to insert the electrodes.
6) Bulbs: 1.5V Eveready Bulbs
7) Motor: Motor module comprises of a motor in a plastic casing.
House is made of a wooden box covered with brick like paper. Comprises of Bulb
in bulb holder connected to the circuit.
Thermocol (Foam) base body with thermocol fan attached to a motor connected to the circuit.
E. Salt Addition
Salt addition to the container is done through a pulley based construction toy from CAT.
Most parts are attached to the base or to other parts with strong adhesive, BlueTac or clay, depending on type of material and attachment required. Experiment also contains wooden animals stuck to the foam board, house and windmill. Experiment contains lightweight and waterproof materials that can be easily replaced if need be.