1. Recognise that a magnet can exert a push or a pull.
2. Identify the characteristics of magnets.
- magnets have two poles
- unlike poles attract and like poles repel
- magnets attract magnetic materials
1. Acrylic tube
2. Rubber stopper for chairs
3. Disc magnets
4. Decorative materials
1. Ferro fluid (buy online or DIY http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-your-own-ferrofluid-in-5-minutes/)
2. Glass containers (ferro fluid clings to the wall plastic containers)
1. 3D printed tower
2. Lego connector for better joint fit
3. 25mm disc magnets
The worksheet is attached under the "Resources" section. Students should follow the instructions in the worksheet and complete all questions. The worksheet has been designed primarily with multiple choice questions. This is to cater to students who do not have fine motor skills, and finds circling easier than writing.
The lesson plan is co-authorised between Engineering Good and Cerebral Palsy Alliance School.
Fore information on these 2 organsations, you may refer to: www.engineeringgood.org/ and www.cpas.org.sg.
January 21, 2017 - 6:36am
Copyright 2010-2016 Teachers TryScience