What You Need:
- Small bucket or large bowl
- 20 coins of the same weight (e.g. pennies, 2p pieces, etc.)
- Aluminum foil
To Do and Observe:
1. Fill the bucket with water.
2. Using the ruler to make measurements, cut two 15-cm (6-inch) squares from the aluminum foil.
3. Wrap one of the squares around 10 pennies and squeeze the foil into a tight ball.
4. Fold the four edges of the second square up to make a small boat.
5. Place 10 pennies in the boat.
6. Make sure you seal each corner tightly so water cannot leak into the sides from below the boat. Set the boat on the surface of the water in the bucket.
7. Place the ball on the surface of the water.